vivihouse is an innovative building system for the construction of multi-storey mixed-use houses. It is based on a modular timber skeleton structure that is optimised specifically for the use of ecological materials: like straw bales for insulation, timber frames or lime and clay plasters.
- because healthy living and working affects us all
- because low energy consumption is eco-friendly and lowers costs
- because grandchildren only thrive in a healthy ecosystem
vivihouse is long-lasting and adjustable
vivihouse can be adapted to different plots, uses, amount of storeys and flavours and can even be disassembled, transported and reassembled anywhere.
- because nobody knows how we will live in fifty years
- because it is smart to be able to react to the unpredictable in a resource-saving way
- because the circular economy sets new standards
Anyone who wishes can build vivihouse components themselves: Depending on requirements and abilities, vivihouse encourages supervised workshops for lay persons, but also suits for carpenters as well as for computer-aided processes in fab labs. A cooperation platform will enable planners to further develop building technology in the long term.
- because it is fulfilling to help create one’s environment
- because everyone benefits from diversity: professionals as well as lay persons
- because the advantages of DIY, traditional craftsmanship, digital production and Open Source are in their combination
With this prototype the construction system is applied for the first time. Some components were already built by the vivihouse team together with the asbn and architecture students of the TU Wien and set up as a one-storey prototype with the help of the Berger carpentry in Pernitz in Lower Austria (see News The first vivihouse unit has been built). In summer, together with further new parts of the building, the building elements from Pernitz will finally be assembled into a three-storey prototype in Vienna, where it will be presented to a broad public. Participation in upcoming construction workshops is possible, more information shortly on www.vivihouse.cc / application at firstname.lastname@example.org