vivihouse is an innovative building system for the construction of multi-storey mixed-use houses. It is based on a modular timber skeleton structure that is optimised specifically for the use of ecological materials: like straw bales for insulation, timber frames or lime and clay plasters.
- because healthy living and working affects us all
- because low energy consumption is eco-friendly and lowers costs
- because grandchildren only thrive in a healthy ecosystem
vivihouse is long-lasting and adjustable
vivihouse can be adapted to different plots, uses, amount of storeys and flavours and can even be disassembled, transported and reassembled anywhere.
- because nobody knows how we will live in fifty years
- because it is smart to be able to react to the unpredictable in a resource-saving way
- because the circular economy sets new standards
Anyone who wishes can build vivihouse components themselves: Depending on requirements and abilities, vivihouse encourages supervised workshops for lay persons, but also suits for carpenters as well as for computer-aided processes in fab labs. A cooperation platform will enable planners to further develop building technology in the long term.
- because it is fulfilling to help create one’s environment
- because everyone benefits from diversity: professionals as well as lay persons
- because the advantages of DIY, traditional craftsmanship, digital production and Open Source are in their combination